View Single Post
Old
06-30-2013, 10:47 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Chris, no disrespect intended but you don't even watch these guys play live. At best you watch a few videos of these guys and pass yourself off as an "expert" while you are as clueless as any of the rest of us. CG knows a hell of a lot more about them than you ever will and I'm personally tired of your condescending demeanor. I too can read up on these prospects and I've yet to see anything on any dman available when we picked that suggests that there was a top pairing guy available.

NOBODY who scouted these guys projects any of them except for Jones to be a legit top pairing guy.

Everyone agrees that we need help for our defense in the future (ie - dmen prospects) but what do we really need??? We have Coburn, still young, a solid defensive dman, we have Schenn, a physical defensive dman, we have Grossman, a solid bottom 4 defensive, shot blocking dman. What are we missing??? A legit good PMD with offensive upside. Did we get that in Morin?? **** no!!!! We got another big physical defensive minded dman. We still have a ****ing hole in generating offensve from the blueline and moving the puck out of the zone. The only long term future we have on the blueline in that role is freaking Gustafsson and while I really like him, we can only hope that he tops out at becoming a legit 2nd pairing guy in that mold and he's not even close to being that right now.

This selection has failure written all over it. Not because Morin will be a bust but because it DIDN'T address any freaking needs at all. Hell, we would have been better served to draft another forward than a type of dman that we DIDN'T need more of.
Thats the point of drafting BPA...What if in 3 years when Morin is ready we have addressed that PMD need through trades/free agency? You always take the guy you feel is best available because that suits you better in the long run. Whether you feel Morin was the best available, which most likely isnt the case, he could end up being the best defensemen drafted outside of the top 10. I still would have picked Morrissey, but theres a reason you dont draft for "needs".

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote