Old
07-01-2013, 12:16 AM
phlocky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Between him and Morrissey?

Yes.

I liked Rychel and Shinkaruk as well, but all things considered, if you're looking BPA and see a forward and defenseman at the same level, and you need defensemen, it's a no-brainer.
For our club, yes, it's a no-brainer. I just don't see Morin as BPA. I don't see how anyone could.

however, if Pronger watched a lot of this kid and he really was the driving force behind us drafting him then I'll defer to him and eat my crow if/when Morin exceeds his projected draft status. Everyone was up in arms when we traded Oulette (you remember him, he was our next franchise goalie???) and I was too until I read that it was Bernie Parent who told Clarke to trade him that he wasn't coachable and would never amount to much in the NHL. THOSE guys know far better than any of the rest of us about the "IT FACTOR" and if Pronger stamps his approval on Morin then that would be good enough for me. However, it still remains to be said that EXPERT scouts don't agree with what is being said about Morins potential in this thread.

The fact remains that we didn't address the two biggest needs for this team with this draft when we had a very valuable pick. We should have used our pick and/or other assets to move up and get one of Jones/Nurse/Risto to address our defensive needs or trade for Schneider to address our goaltending needs.

phlocky is online now   Reply With Quote