View Single Post
Old
07-01-2013, 12:49 AM
Geoff Gorden
Fire me

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
They were the 9th worst team in hockey standings wise, by no means a bottom 5 team any point in the season. Possession times means a lot as mentioned before as top teams are usually the ones that have the best possession ratings.
Top teams usually score goals and have someone better than Andy Greene as their top d man.

No offense, but your argument is silly. NJD is not even close to contender status with the way their roster is constructed right now. Schnieder is an upgrade in goal but they still can't score and lets not forget hes was just traded by a team that had a pretty good defense to a team that may not have a single top 4 defender (Greene is a #5 for me, but thats debatable.) Couple that with a trade to what is going to be a much better division than the NW and I think its safe to say that his numbers will take a dip.

Either way, NJD are an aging team with limited in house options ready to help. Financial restrictions will probably keep them from doing much via UFA, and they don't have a whole lot of tradeable assets. They haven't come close to replacing Parise and unless you think Tedenby will magically stop sucking, they won't have that problem solved by next season.

Make all the excuses you want for what went down last year, but unlucky teams don't go on 10 game losing streaks, bad teams do.