View Single Post
Old
07-01-2013, 02:52 AM
SportsballChic
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
You're not going to convince people with any amount of fan quotes. Just let this develop and if you're right you can be super smug in a few years.

Besides, wouldn't it be terribly boring if everybody agreed with you?

I'm not super excited about the pick, but like I said, they must have figured he'd get sniped fairly quickly. How or why they came to that conclusion is the type of information we typically aren't privileged to until well after the fact.

So it's a head scratcher, but based upon Detroit's long history of drafting we are left with two conclusions:
1) They (a significantly large group of management, not just one guy) thought he'd get taken and are high on him.
2) They collectively went insane for a window of 10 minutes.

Group insanity is rare, but not entirely unheard of. For example, look at all these people that cheer for the Blackhawks!
All very reasonable points Bench; and now that we have him I hope it's clear I'll be rooting that I'm wrong!

Merely pointing out that "you've never even seen him" isn't much of a valid point when everyone is going to completely ignore the guy who's specifically saying he's seen him 15+ times.

Additionally, the very concept of a "free draft pick" makes me do this: