Thread: Hip Checks
View Single Post
Old
10-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Headcoach

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhead16 View Post
After you do it a few times you will get a sense from the other guy that he has you cleared and will relax just a bit. That's when I cut in hard and low and up when I get there. It's a timing thing and you have to fully commit to it. If you go 75% you will look like an idiot as the guy blows by. To me it's sort of like someone stepping on a rake they don't see in the tall grass. All is well and then quicker than they can think all is upside down. Another good place to try it is when you are in front of your own net and an opponent brings the puck behind the net. Hide low and then swing on in.

This is what I was looking for. However, I very interested in the mechanics of the hop check. Because of the new "Standard of Play" rules, there in now more use of the free hand. My defenseman can't use that free hard to force or pin that on coming player next to the board.

So we are concentrating on working with them on hip checks. So I want to know a little more about the actual mechanics, it you can give them.

Thanks
Head coach

Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote