View Single Post
Old
07-01-2013, 06:34 AM
Legionnaire11

vCash: 500
Didn't get a chance to visit the boards yesterday (anniversary!) and don't want to read through 20 pages of posts to see what the consensus is, but I can pretty much guess it...

The Jones pick in the moment is frustrating. It was the one picks that nobody wants. Not because he isn't talented, but because of the loooooooooong standing needs on this team. Unfortunately the three teams ahead of us stomped all over our dreams and at #4 Jones was by far the best player available.

I'm sure that in the coming years we'll see and hear lots of "Poile should have drafted Barkov/Drouin/MacKinnon" comments. As ridiculous as that sounds to most of us, there are still people who believe we should have drafted Lecavalier in 1998.

There are a few redeeming factors to this pick...

1. The part that is already taken care of. As I already said, Jones was hands down the best players available when the Preds picked. He should have been gone before it got to #4, maybe that's an indictment of the GM's in COL, FLA and TBL... they passed up the top rated player to draft for need, also those franchise are terrible. Coincidence?

2. The part that needs to be taken care of. To redeem this pick, Poile HAS to add offensive talent through free agency or trade. If he can add a legit top 6 forward (or two) through other avenues, then this pick actually turns into a blessing since it makes our backend SO amazing.

...the HUGE downside to this pick? The Shea Weber trade rumors are about to get cranked up to 11.

Legionnaire11 is online now   Reply With Quote