View Single Post
Old
07-01-2013, 09:16 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
30th offensive team in the league last season and lost their most consistent offensive player.
that's cool. Our Power play stunk and it got better yesterday with Jones, since he can move the puck a little bit. And I will buy into that young players mature-so I will take physical and mental growth from Wilson-Beck-Forsberg, etc. I will also take that golden nugget of 30th in scoring while missing a good bit of our top 9 to injury and the most consistant player in Erat playing on a fractured ankle. Everything that could go wrong offensively did for us last year:

1. We replaced Suter on the top pair, but the band aid in Hannan was a disaster
2. Hornquist shoulder injury
3. Hornquist leg injury
4. Wilson shoulder injury
5. Erat's ankle injury
6. Fisher's hand
7. Bourque's Knee injury
8. Gaustad's shoulder injury
9. season was practically over, but beck got hurt, and so did Klein

that is a crap ton of injuries to overcome, esp while out goaltender has a wonky problem and isn't able to bail us out at every corner. Now if you want to try and convince yourself that we are gonna miss so many man games because of injury again, fine, but say so. Tell me what injuries are gonna doom us, becasue when somewhat healthy, this team played good enough defence and scored just enough to be a good team. May not have been pretty, but it worked. Losing Wilson and Hornquist in back to back games sunk this ship.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote