View Single Post
Old
07-01-2013, 08:19 AM
NHLAlert
@nhl_alert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Look, I never said it was a good pick. All I am saying is that you know exactly jack boo about this kid, and probably only a tiny miniscule amount more about whomever it was you had in mind. You can say you don't like the pick. That is fine. I don't really like it either. I would have rather seen them pick the guy Minnesota picked a few picks later (Kurtis Gabriel). But I am not going to sit here and say they got it wrong and should have picked him because one time I saw a clip about him. That is ridiculous. You (and most others on here) don't know Goulbourne. You (and most others on here) probably don't know many of the other guys drafted in the third round outside of random tweets and youtube clips. You saw a couple lists and Goulbourne wasn't on them. So they are wrong.

Tell that to Keith Jones! When he was told he was drafted he thought there was a war going on.
I don't think it had anything to do with the "lists" when it came to Goulbourne. It's that every year it seems that Holmgren and Co. decide to go with an overager or fighter who resembles what the NHL used to be like. That's why most are upset and are referring to. If they went on sheer skill for this pick, they would have selected Gabriel or maybe even Jordan Subban or a few others that were still there. Nobody likes them picking Klotz type of players because it's a waste of a pick

NHLAlert is offline   Reply With Quote