View Single Post
Old
07-01-2013, 09:26 AM
Drake744
#HeyHeyPekkaRinne

vCash: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
That's true but a decision to bring Mason back when he was clearly washed up was a mistake. Who ever is behind Rinne needs to be capable of winning games against the weak teams on the schedule. If not Rinne must play 70 games, he is a workhorse but we would all fell better to have a solid back-up. Something that is not been mentioned in the debate of holes in the line-up.
When I'm wrong about something I'll own up to it, and I was wrong on Mason. I thought he would be a suitable backup, given his numbers in St Louis and Atlanta/Winnipeg after leaving us initially. He was at or slightly above .500 as a starter in between his stints with us if I recall correctly.

Backup goalies are a fickle thing for a team like ours with an elite goaltender that will clearly start most games. The backup doesn't ever see game action so it's very likely for him to come in as rusty. It happened most of the time with Lindback, and whatever happened with Mason was just....bad. I'm having a hard time remembering our backups over the last several years for some reason but wasn't Ellis the last fairly reliable backup we had? (He's available by the way)

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote