View Single Post
Old
07-01-2013, 09:45 AM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Most teams who lose their starter are in for a world of hurt. Look what happened to the Devils. Tell me who's going to fill in for Lundqvist? What if Quick goes down now? That's why certain guys are backups and others are the starters, it's a crap shoot and you hope the backup can hold the fort down while the starter gets healed up.

I've said it numerous times and will say it again, outside of Weber/Josi, the other two pairings had trouble moving the puck out of defensive zone and we weren't able to generate offense from the back end. Having two pairs that can now move the puck effectively, we should be able to hold on to the puck more which should generate more offense. It starts on the back end and moves forward and we have that solidified. Pick up a forward or two in free agency that are good pieces and we have a solid top 9. We're not going to get an all-star up front this offseason but we can get guys that will compliment what we have on the roster.

And even if no one else pans out from this draft class I don't really care so much. We got a freaking amazing talent on the blue line. And as someone noted earlier, we filled one of our biggest needs with a player we weren't going to find in free agency or the trade market. Big win for the Preds.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote