View Single Post
Old
07-01-2013, 09:48 AM
mja
Negative Creep

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Actually that's been shown to be false. Crosby or Malkin were involved in a relatively small percentage of Letang's points last year.

Only 16 of 38.
That doesn't actually contradict anything he wrote. He said Letang is a good offensive dman made better by Crosby and Malkin. 16 out of 38 is roughly 42%. That's not a relatively small %. Mind you, he scores a lot of those points with whomever you put in place of those guys theoretically speaking, but I'm sure you won't argue against the idea that playing with them increases his point totals above what he'd do with any potential replacements. That'd be silly. Also, is that how many points he got that either Sid or Malkin also got a point on, or how many of his points they were on the ice for?

I understand why the Pens inked the contract, but if I'm them I'd turn right around and trade him. He should have quite a bit of value and in my opinion he doesn't bring the needed D in order to justify the 7.25 a year when you also have to pay the top two centers in the league. Just my opinion, of course.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote