View Single Post
07-01-2013, 11:32 AM
vCash: 500
Michael McCarron
From what I heard MB tried to move up to take Samuel Morin. Rumor has it we offered #25, # 34 and #55 for #10 but Dallas wanted to get their guy Valeri Nichushkin. Timmins didn't want to lose a chance on drafted McCarron even though he was rank 2nd round. At 6'6" 237lbs, alot of teams will drool over this. Can he play? Given time he could, needs to work on skating. He protects the puck well and plays a power game. You won't see him go end to end, much like Milan Lucic, expect McCarron to get garbage goals around the net and grind. Potential: 10-20 goals and 40 points a season.

Jacob De la Rose
Watching a few clips on youtube, this guy looks like a very smooth skater. He needs to work on his hands. Looks like his a 2-way player can play powerplay and penalty kill meaning he's got hockey sense. I heard he was captain of the national team so he's got leadership. Like McCarron, he's a working progress but Timmins is confident he'll be an NHL regular. Potential 2nd-3rd liner, 10-20 goals and 40 points per season.

Zachary Fucale
I think this kid has potential to be a franchise goalie. He doesn't get recognition because he's playing with McKinnon and Drouin. But as good as those forwards are you still need someone to make the difficult saves. Fucale went under radar. I saw a few Halifax games and he reminds me of Cam Ward/Cory Crawford.

Some people wanted Valentin Zykov, I think he's a one trick pony, one dimensional player much like Alex Semin. We took some chances on a few talented player but that didn't work out.

Jordan Subban, aside from the name, do you think he's got a shot at making the NHL? 5'8" 170lbs, the game has gotten bigger and you see teams with power win the Cup, do you think Jordan can push bigger players? I think Timmins did the right thing, bringing Jordan to Montreal would complicate things with PK as if Jordan's not with the club PK might be upset, look what happened to Kostitsyns.

Laboeuf is offline   Reply With Quote