07-01-2013, 10:49 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Hockey Prospect Black Book write-up (ranked 31):

"Robert has shown us a wide array of play in our viewings. He has looking both outstanding and invisible in different games, and sometimes in the same game. He has has excellent size but generally only seems to use it when he feels itís absolutely necessary. In the defensive zone he shows good positioning and knowledge of the play going on around him, but can get a little lazy and look uninterested resulting in unnecessary turnovers in his own end. He is capable of passing the puck from long distances but also effectively in the offensive zone. When he loses his focus, that is generally where the puck playing mistakes come. One of Robertís strongest assets is his shot. He has a big blast he can unload from the point and usually chooses good shooting options. He gets so much power behind it, when it doesn't beat the goaltender generally it results in a nice big rebound for his forwards to jump on. Hagg is a player who we've felt all season long possesses the tools to be a great defenseman but lacks the mindset to be a great defenseman. Robert has the upside to be one of the best defensemen in the entire 2013
NHL Entry Draft. However his downside is just as drastic in the opposite direction. He will be a bit of a risky pick for this draft, but one that could potentially pay off big time."

Quotable: "This is a player that extends scouting meetings. I think he has top 10 ability but he only occasionally flashed it for me. I'd see one shift and love what I saw and then on the next shift he would leave me wondering what he was doing. His compete level was on and off. This was another player I had plenty of conversations about with NHL scouts. It seemed like most teams staffs had a wide range of opinions. Everywhere from top 10 to late 30's" -Mark Edwards

Quotable: "Early in the season my reports were negative, late in the year they were all positive." -NHL scout

Quotable: "At the Hlinka he played like he had a piano on his back. He got much better in my viewings later on this season. I really like him." -NHL scout
I love that description. I am going to use that all the time.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote