View Single Post
Old
07-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
Does anyone know if the 'character issues' in the scouting reports are just in relation to the almost suspension linked on the last page, or were there more issues throughout the season?
Think it was an isolated incident of boys being boys. That got blown out of proportion.

Actually, pretty excited about this pick. Think he has some very solid potential, that and his dad being a huge Rangers fan might be the extra motivation he needs to straighten up, although he seemed like a nice kid when Cerny talked to him. So it may not be an issue at all. But wanting to make dad proud might really get him going.

Quote:
Veterans and the coaching staff of the Quebec Remparts felt that the time of individualism is over and this is why Anthony Duclair and Adam Erne were suspended internally, at least for a training and a game.

"We believe that we are not all on the same page and what we want is a team concept, explained Patrick Roy. This is a life lesson for these young men and I hope they will grow out of it. They will not play Sunday, then we'll see. "
Quote:
Roy who demanded more leadership in the dressing room, believes it is his duty to support the suggestion of his seven veterans.

"My job is to support them and be with them, told Roy about its leaders. I want to collaborate with them and I will endorse their decision. At some point, the veterans can talk, if they (Erne and Duclair) do not listen, it becomes a problem."

"We had already had a meeting, but this time, many things are out and we had to take this decision. Duclair took it very badly, but I do not know in the case of Erne. It is disappointing to have to live it, but in the end, this may be what will make us a better team. "

Remparts' captain Martin Lefebvre added this. "We want everyone to play for the logo of the Remparts, he said. We will not accept people who think about their little person first. It is a message we want to send them. The problem is not new, but this is where we are now. It takes 20 players that push in the same direction. "
http://www.journaldequebec.com/2013/...erne-suspendus

Snagged it from here http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1327541

Seems the article is old, and probably taken down.

Last edited by Barbara Underhill: 07-01-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote