View Single Post
07-01-2013, 11:08 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by kr580 View Post
If it's beer league it's not cool to cheat someone out of their shift, IMO. I don't get everyone's excitement about playoffs. You're playing the lowest form of ice hockey available to you. Have fun, don't get all serious about something that doesn't even matter. You might get what, one, two games more if you win? Everyone pays the same, they should get equal chance to be out there no matter the situation. What happens when the stacked line doesn't do a thing? You still lost and now you have people on the bench not too happy. Doesn't seem worth it to me.

If they're up for sitting to help out the team, go for it, but not if they have a problem with it.

Then again I don't have that 'drive' that most guys have. I'm out there for exercise, not winning or losing, so I don't really care either way personally.
IMHO... when you play adult league hockey, you should be ready for competition. Simple as that. Idc how low of a level of hockey it is... the point of the sport, the game and the league is to win the championship at the end of the season.

I have been on plenty of adult league teams at all different divisions and levels. The most current team I am on just won the championship. I have never won it before in adult league and I can tell you why. Every team I have been on always has people who complain about ice time. People who complain about people not passing.

On my new team, we have a good group of guys ranging from all different forms of hockey skill. We all became friends, we all understand what it takes to win, We have 3 lines who play one after the other and no one complains about anyone else. If you dont make the pass, we say next time. If you stay out a bit to long, we address it. If were losing with little time left IN AN IMPORTANT GAME. We put our best 5 guys out hoping to tie or win the game. No one cares about 1 minute of more time.

You can expect bad attitudes or bad players on your adult leagues. But the best teams will have the good group of guys who stay competitive in the season, win or lose, and have fun doing it. 1 minute is not a killer. Make it up to him next time.

Thesensation19* is offline   Reply With Quote