Thread: News Article: Is Klein the odd man out?
View Single Post
Old
07-01-2013, 12:36 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
First off OTF is a joke. Let me get that out of the way. Look at the depth chart that is being used and I just laughed. I couldn't even read the rest of the article because of what the depth chart looks like. Really? This is a site that knows about the Preds? As nuts as we are here we have better discussions about our team than a site that is geared just for the Preds.

Secondly, Housley and Trotz said he can play the left D position. The kid is super talented and a switch from one side to the other with Housley's help plus the veteran presence of Klein and Weber will support the kid just fine.

Third, why would we trade Klein? We now have the best top 4 in hockey as far as I'm concerned. We have a Norris trophy candidate in Weber. We have Jones who looks like he could be one down the line. Josi could be one if his defensive game gets better which in my mind it will over time and Klein is one of the more underrated second pairing guys in the league. He just goes out and plays the game. So why would we deal from something that was questionable yesterday to a major strength? Also, you have two pairs that can eat up about 50 minutes a night. Talk about tough to play against. Imagine if you have Jones with Klein and Weber with Josi. You have two guys with size on each pairing with incredible reach. You have four guys that can skate. You have two guys that can play with an edge. I just don't see the downside in keeping all four but I see a downside in trading Klein. He's probably our best penalty killer as well.

So forgive me if I don't take the article or what I read of it seriously but even if we were to use Klein as trade bait, we're going to need to add to the package to land a top 6 or top 3 forward and we then have a hole on the second pairing again. That doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe if we knew Ekholm was ready for big minutes but he's not quite there yet. Keep Klein, role a great top 4 with Rinne in net and see how teams are going to score on us. Defensive hockey may not be fun for other teams but we may be in awe every night at how good they can be.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote