View Single Post
Old
07-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona5 View Post
He is 32 now and has this next season left on his contract. Should Poile be looking at an extension or would a trade come into play at some point. The last thing we need is for him to bolt at the end of next season for nothing at all. He may not be an amazing player but he does hold a good amount of value.
Weird to think of Legwand not on the Preds, but this is a real situation. Fisher's contract runs out a year later, so we're forced to push the issue with Leggy, provided we don't trade Fisher. I think the general consensus is that we don't have room for both of them long term. Last year, Trotz said he wanted to try Wilson at center, but with no training camp, he scrapped that idea. If Trotz truly wants him to be a center going forward, that may have something to do with what we do with Legwand. If we aren't in the playoff race, you know the trade offers will be coming our way. I think long-term, it boils down to keeping either Legwand or Fisher. Legwand turns 33 in August, Fisher turned 33 in June. Same age, same position, some production.

I literally have no idea.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote