View Single Post
Old
07-01-2013, 02:34 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
If there's any guarded optimism I have for anyone in Adirondack, Mark Alt is that guy. Just that combination of size, skating, and someone who's comfortable moving the puck, has me intrigued. I know he had a rough final year in Minnesota and that he was dealing with some personal items, but he came into Adirondack and played well. Hopefully an off season of clearing up matters and then being able to focus on hockey will help him get to the next level.

If he does become a quality NHL defender, that could make him, Gostisbehere, Morin and Hagg as all defenders who could join the big club and that doesn't even include a Brandon Manning (who I still think could be a very valuable piece) and Oliver Lauridsen. That's building a pipeline and that's what the Flyers need. Maybe it's just me, but I'm really feeling good about the future of the blue line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Andreas Lilja said some nice things about playing with Alt at the end of the last year. Add him to Gostibehere, Willcox, Morin, Hagg and Vasiliev, who advanced to the KHL at the end of the year, and the Flyers have some nice depth in defensemen prospects with Gustafsson and L. Schenn as two young guys already on the team.
Saw Alt play two games for the Phantoms. Wouldnt call him amazing but for a 21 yr old rookie he looked good. Played a solid game. His biggest problem is he sometimes losses positioning (like real bad positioning). Needs to work on that but I was impressed.

Pipeline isnt as bad as it can seem. Signed a few old 2nd round picks, added defenders such as Morin and Hagg and it looks better.