View Single Post
Old
07-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Orr Nightmare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudMan28 View Post
17% body fat isn't letting himself go? Pretty average in fact. I bet most NHL guys are somewhere around 12-18%. 8% is about as low as the body can go while still being healthy. I doubt many NHLers could play at 8% without getting hurt quite a bit. I think he was caught with his pants down last season. Had no faith in there being a season and didnt put in the time during the offseason and never recovered. I think a fresh start with a new coach can be good for him. At this point we need him to be a 3c and I think he can give us 50 points from that position. Is it the 80-90 points we signed him for? No, but its better than nothing.
And this is a guy who you want to be on your team...as a professional making 7 millions dollars a year you keep yourself in top physical condition at all times...he has no excuse...every other player in the league experienced the same thing...

While it may be tempting to think that some of this weight increase has come from fat, like you see with some NFL linemen, this doesn't appear to be the case. Body fat percentage has remained stable since the early 1980's at around 10.5%, meaning that the majority of weight increase in hockey players has come from increased muscle.

You might want to do your homework before you make a statement like that.

The risk far exceeds the rewards of keeping this guy...terrible mistake by the Rangers...if he gets hurt we are screwed for 7 years...he is so not worth it and mind numbing to me that fans just wave it off and start discussing other topics...Sather should be hung for this.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote