View Single Post
Old
07-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahthorne;68425603[B
]Have any of you watched Morin for more than small video clips? S[/B]een the kid develop since he was 15? This pick reminds me a lot of Tyler Myers, as they had similar offensive numbers in their draft years and of course have the size comparison and are both good skaters. Morin is pretty young though as he's not even 18 yet, so he has a lot of growing and developing ahead of him.

Since he was 15 he's seen a huge development in his game. I don't think it's out of the question that he will soon be elite defensively as far as Junior players go. The kid isn't even 18 yet and is already pretty good - he was stellar in the U18s. Morin also had a broken collarbone this season which likely affected his numbers. The fact remains though that he is incredibly toolsy - but raw.

I think a good projection for his development path might be another full year in the QMJHL where he will likely be the top defender on Rimouski - a team that has Frederik Gauthier and Phil Desrosiers who are two other stud prospects. I think they could do some damage in the Q. In 2014-15 I'd like to see him in the Q again but I think in 2014-15 he'll be on the World Junior team if he's not in the pros.

Really, it all depends on how he's developed. He has all the elements needed for being a top defender and he's the best defensive prospect we've had in decades if not of all time.

Good post, anybody who's judging his skill based on a video should dig a little deeper. There's no more risk attached to Morin as there is Zadorov or Nurse and there's incredible upside to what Zadorov's ceiling will be. I'll agree that round 3 was a head scratcher, but the first two picks were almost no brainers.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote