View Single Post
Old
07-01-2013, 03:14 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDU View Post
ummmm tambo got the benefit of doing nothing for four years... no one was calling for his head while he had the benefit of a shniy new 1st round pick every year while adding garbage ufas and contracts (horcoff, kahbby, belanger, eager)...
Sure he did. From those who were on him from the start over his questionable signings and trades, Cole, O'Sullivan, Kotalik, Khabby, Heatley, it goes on and on. And then there were those who didnt like "tanking". They wanted him gone for doing that alone.

Quote:
You're hate for Mact is hilarious, i agree he's talked up a big game, he's also acknowledged that his level of movement thus far has not lived up to that, any reasonable person would give him at least the summer or even season to live up to it...
Ive seen this movie before. I wont spoil the ending but the guys in the red shirts dont make it back to the Enterprise. Maybe if Mact hadnt already burned through eight freakin years of ineptitude here already, I may be a little more receptive to giving him some time.

Quote:
if MacT starts signing garbage players to make yp for a lack of movement ill join the MacT hatewagon, until then i can't believe a knowledgeable hockey fan like yourself would not do the same
I presented my views as pertaining to the question at hand (subject of the thread) on page one. I gave him credit where it was due, and gave my opinion of where his shortcomings have been as far as the draft is concerned. I would expect anyone to do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Buddha View Post
Let's play You-be-the-GM. Here's the deals that were made. What Oiler equivalent trades should he have made to vastly improve the club?
• Jets get Michael Frolik for a 3rd-Round Pick (2013), 5th-Round Pick (2013)
• Leafs acquire David Bolland for 2nd-Round Pick (2013), 4th-Round Pick (2013), and a 4th-Round Pick (2014)
• Hurricanes acquire Andrej Sekera D for Buffalo’s Jamie McBain and a 2nd-Round Pick (2013)
• Devils acquire Cory Schneider for a 1st-Round Pick (2013) from Vancouver
• Islanders acquire Cal Clutterbuck and a 3rd round pick from the Wild for Nino Niederreiter
• Sharks acquire Tyler Kennedy for a 2nd Round Pick (2013)
• Rangers acquire Justin Falk D for Benn Ferriero F from the Wild and a 6th-Round Pick (2014)
Im not the gm, nor should I be. Fact of the matter is Mact made promises that he couldnt deliver.

Perhaps next time he should just keep his mouth shut and let his actions speak for him. The fans dont need to be spoonfed a blow by blow commentary on the state of affairs, they want to see a winning product on the ice. Its his job to make that happen, not mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahelix View Post
Whatever do you mean? The fanbase tolerated all kinds of horrendous player transactions from Tambellini for the first year or two.
Not true. They were on him from the get go. From Eric Cole to Tom Gilbert, he was harangued at every turn. Not only for the moves he made, but especially for the moves he didnt make. Perhaps it wasnt so easy to make things happen after all?

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote