View Single Post
Old
07-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Everest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlimasLoveChild View Post
Peckham? Horcoff? soon to be gone I suppose. Are you saying we need to hang onto our picks? If you look at the previous ten drafts there are several guys playing in other organizations. There is at least one player after the 1st round in each and every draft that is either currently on another team in the nhl or has had a cup of coffee with us or some other organization. There aren't any real steals but they have made some solid late picks. I would think they are middle of the pack in drafting success in that time period. I would think not have their own farm team over much of that time didn't help the development situation for lots of those guys.
Horc was taken in the 4rth round...I believe. But that was going back further than 10 years, right?

Peckham I am certain isn't in the plan any further here.

The lack of a farm team is something that gets brought up everytime we have this conversation and its a fair point. I don't deny.

Right meow...Im concerned guys like Pitlick & Lander aren't going to pull through as what we hoped for.

Its fair to say drafting is difficult for ALL teams after the 1rst round...but...the bottom line is we need to be better in that aspect.

I really think exploring the ECHL as a viable developmental branch is a MUST and its quite clear this club is making that happen. That's a good thing.

Everest is offline   Reply With Quote