Murray Baron?
Gord Murphy?
Dmitri Yuskevich?
Chris Thierren?
Jane Niinimaa?
Behn Wilson?
Seidenberg?
Thomas Eriksson?

All these guys were pretty solid players, in the early 80's to early 90's our D drafting was pretty good, especially in the lower rounds.

Apart from Thierren though we did not keep hold of them for any considerable amount of time! Anyone know why Eriksson went back to Sweden, guy looked a pretty handy player from stats!

Edit: Watson, Bladon and McCarthy as well, but they were a loooooooooong time ago!
Which Watson? I think at least one of them was grabbed in the Expansion draft. (Ah. Quick googling seems to indicate Joe was a Bruin and Jim started as a Flyer)

I'm thinking of HoF caliber guys, or at least franchise Dmen. Those guys you listed are solid, but not on that level. Think of Timonen; we just haven't really acquired players like that from the draft for the most part, unless my memory is failing me. My knowledge of pre-90's/00 players isn't great, so that's a good possibility.

It just seems that, compared to the drafting at other positions, the Flyers have a big gap at D through their existence. Of the Watson Bros, Howe, Desjardins, Timonen, Pronger...the Flyers have generated only Jim Watson on their own and that was a long time ago.