View Single Post
Old
07-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strutsboa View Post
I'll do my best, but unfortunately I play sports myself and also are season ticket holder for another team, so I might not be able to watch as much as I would want...

I watch to little hockey from the North American skaters to know if Zykov, Compher, Dauphin, Santini, etc would have been better choices, but it's safe to say that I really like de la Rose.

I also think that if he would have played more on the 1st or 2nd line the points would have come and he would have been a first rounder. Wasn't there some talks a year ago about him possibly going mid 1st round?

The SEL will be tough next year (especially since Leksands is newcomers), so I wouldn't expect any offensive production from him next season. But if he gets the opportunity to play regulary on the 3rd-4th line in SEL and build on his sound 2-way game, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

If some people are negative about this pick I think de la Rose will surprise quite a few of you!
Thanks again. You do as much as you can, that's the only thing we can ask from you. We also know there's like something called "life" so we won't be too furious if you skip 1 or 2 games...

As far as production for next year, well I know what to expect which is not a lot based on what you just said. Thing is you still have to hope that he shows some things offensively.

As far as being surprised...that's all I ask. I want us to have gotten a really good player. To make up for the ones I loved and didn'T get and who I'm pretty sold right now and think they will have decent careers.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote