View Single Post
Old
07-01-2013, 06:35 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahthorne View Post
^ Ballard is awful. Let Vancouver buy Ballard out and let some other team give him a second chance.

I would've thought hard about trading Coburn for MPS+2 2nd rounders but I think Coburn has more value than that to this organization. Let the Oilers really overpay if they want him that badly.

I really like a lot of the prospects that are now entering our system - especially the ones who are under the radar. Alt, Straka, Flanagan, Noebels, Leier and even Lauridsen and Manning. Of course, Laughton, Morin, Gustafsson, Hagg, Stolarz, McGinn, Akeson and Cousins all look promising too. Nice little revamp of our farm system, just hope they all develop nicely together.
When teams lose out in free agency on defenders Homer's phone might be ringing with some desperate GM's on the other line inquiring about Coburn. I don't think he's out of the woods yet.

I really liked the 2011 & 2012 drafts as a whole that's what made yesterday so confusing. I didn't mind the first two picks but then the 3rd pick and a bunch of unknowns happened. It seemed like the last two years we've gotten good value on most of our picks and even the later rounds. I mean Vasiliev was ranked a lot higher than where he was picked in the 7th round.