View Single Post
Old
07-01-2013, 06:37 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahthorne View Post
^ Ballard is awful. Let Vancouver buy Ballard out and let some other team give him a second chance.
Ballard used to be a really good defenseman. Vigneault did a number on him for what ever reason and he just never got out of the blocks in Vancouver. If Ballard can be had for about $1 million, I say take a chance on him that he rebounds. The skill was always there, just not sure why Vigneault hated him.

Quote:
I would've thought hard about trading Coburn for MPS+2 2nd rounders but I think Coburn has more value than that to this organization. Let the Oilers really overpay if they want him that badly.
I still don't get why the Flyers didn't make that move. Put MPS on the left wing with Giroux and Voracek and move Hartnell to the second line with Read and have Simmonds on the third with Couturier and you could really make lives miserable going forward. I get that they shouldn't just give away Coburn, but MPS is about ready to break through. Great size, great shot, good overall game and hockey IQ. He could have been a gamer. I'm still holding out hope that the Flyers get him though.

Quote:
I really like a lot of the prospects that are now entering our system - especially the ones who are under the radar. Alt, Straka, Flanagan, Noebels, Leier and even Lauridsen and Manning. Of course, Laughton, Morin, Gustafsson, Hagg, Stolarz, McGinn, Akeson and Cousins all look promising too. Nice little revamp of our farm system, just hope they all develop nicely together.
I completely forgot about Leier. He had a real good year in Portland and he's probably going to have an even bigger one now that Ty Rattie will be in St. Louis. He's probably going to be on a line with either Brendan Leipsic or Nic Petan, so he should see his numbers increase even more. Looking forward to when he arrives. He should be a very interesting player to watch.