View Single Post
Old
07-01-2013, 07:29 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 0 View Post
He got more leeway because he was creating more than Kreider on a regular basis.

I thought he was better than the stat sheet said, but clearly very, very raw and was in need of developmental time in the AHL. He obviously had gaffes (turnovers galore), but for a 19 year old who just went 15th overall, I didn't even expect what he provided.

I thought he started off really, really well, showed a lot of skill and smarts. He took a nosedive about ~10-15 games in, though, which is normal for a rookie player. He clearly wasn't ready for NHL time, but with the lack of depth the team had, they didn't have much of a choice.

Miller, to me, realistically becomes a 2-way, 50pt C. A jack of all-trades type. I'd be extremely pleased with that. I do think the upside is there for him to become a Richards/Kesler type, his offensive skill is underrated. He's built like a bull and has good hands, can skate, and showed flashes of great playmaking ability.

I did seriously debate between picking Miller/Kreider for the #1 spot. I still think Kreider pans out to be a 30 goal first line player, though.
I agree with most things you said. I don't necessarily think he created more, but with the more leeway he had, the more talented linemates he had, etc... A domino effect in his favor for sure. Torts trusted him more, and as I said, that's a testament to JT Miller.

Thing is, as of now, your realistic expectation is my upside expectation for Miller. Kesler? No chance in my eyes.

I suppose we'll see, and I hope you're right and I'm wrong.