View Single Post
Old
07-01-2013, 08:33 PM
misfit
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
I'm not too concerned about the lack of trades at this point. The free agent "interview" period and the buyout deadline is really going to have a major impact on what teams are going to do with their rosters, and a lot of things are still up in the air until that period starts/ends. Obviously the draft coming and going removes a lot of the potential trading chips MacTavish has at his disposal, but that doesn't mean he can't make trades. I do think he should've been able to beat the Leafs' offer for Bolland and would've been wise to do so. He's just too perfect a fit for our needs. That was a big dissapointment for me.

As for MacT saying what he wants in the media, that doesn't really bother me either. I mean, if he's talking trades with other GMs (and by the sounds of it, he's talking to everyone), he's going to be talking about what he wants to accomplish with them. So if he's already telling the opposing GMs what he's looking for, what difference does it make if the media and the general public also know?