View Single Post
07-01-2013, 07:46 PM
vCash: 500
#1 D - none available. We already got Belov and I think management will bring back 1 other guy (I'm thinking Brewer) and resign Frstic for depth

#2 W - Clarkson/Horton will both be overpaid and will end up being a Horcoff type of contract in the future; I hope we stay away from them. I could see management even looking at Vinny or someone like Briere and trying Gagner some at 2nd line LW, but I am more hoping that we give Paajarvi the chance this year since there aren't many better options out there and we can see if he can play top 6 forward minutes consistently... I could see us give Flippula a long look too especially if Mac gets desperate

#3 W - I think Penner makes some sense like people have mentioned. If he's willing to put in a solid effort like he did with Mac half the time then he could be a solid 3rd line winger or even supplant Paajarvi on the 2nd line halfway through the year if he really struggles.

2nd #3 W - since I bumped Paajarvi up to the 2nd line, we will need another 3rd line W. I think we sign a Boyes or Richardson type of player. And they will kind of replace Jones. Smyth may get some looks here as well.

#3C - I'm dreading thinking Horcoff will still be here. His skill set would make him a decent #3C, just the way he's paid they almost feel obligated to give him minutes elsewhere plus we need new leadership and it's hard to have a new leader when the old one is still kicking around. I think the end of the day, Mac will find someone to take him on though.
Smith from Ottawa, I think in the end, we will get this trade done. we likely will have to eat half of hemsky's salary but mac gets the C we need

#2G - I hope we don't overpay for a backup, Dubnyk has been in the top half of the league in save % with arguably the worst defense in front of him. He's our starter and no reason to give someone big bucks. If there's a veteran out there for 1.5 million a year then i wouldn't mind us making a move for them, but i think in the end we give danis a shot for at least a year to make room in the ahl for the young guys

#4C - Lander though I would not mind seeing Gordon signed and to have Lander play some wing or even some third line wing. A guy like Malhotra would not be a bad signing either or even Steckel

#4W Petrell resign, Smyth and Brown are there too. I wouldn't be surprised if Smithson is brought back as well

Box: Smyth, Brown

Box: Frstic or Potter