View Single Post
Old
07-01-2013, 07:56 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Poppa Puck View Post
We won't be picking Wiggins, Parker, Smart or whoever with the Pelicans pick though. That will be our own. I know trading Holiday will probably improve OUR pick but I'm basing on Noel + Pelicans pick for Holiday and taking our pick out of the equation. We we're like a Top 5-7 pick WITH Holiday next year. Without him we'll challenge for the worst record in the league.

The Pelicans will be a borderline playoff team next year adding Holiday, a healthy Eric Gordon, to Vazquez and year older Davis and Rivers. Add in the fact that they just signed Tyreke Evans to an offer sheet and have interest in Iguodala, I'd be shocked if that pick they gave us is higher than 10th. (Regardless, even if the Pelicans are god awful for some reason that pick is top 5 protected. So at the absolute best is the 6th pick next year.)

I think Noel can be a solid player but I don't see superstar. That is if his knees hold up and he puts on weight. I think he maxes out at Camby or Tyson Chandler. That's not terrible, but not franchise changing. As for MCW. I think his max potential is Holiday but more likely just a solid starting PG. He's a better passer than Holiday but nowhere near the shooter and Holiday is probably a better defender too.

I'm starting to come around to the trade a little bit from where I was originally (which was irate) but Holiday was still young enough to be here for the tank and turn around.

When your best player is a pg it is time to trade your pg. Never has a pg led a team to the championship. And the nba is filled with so many talented young pg's. I like jrue but this deal was a no brainer for us . There are more talented pg's than 6 11 atheletic bigs that can protect the rim like noel.