View Single Post
Old
07-01-2013, 09:30 PM
NA Scouting

vCash: 500
Hello I have seen plenty of Marc-Olivier Roy since he came into the league. Was mostly an afterthought in his first half of season, but made his way to our 1st line with Paquette and Clapperton and that line has been great for us ever since. They've been producing at a torrid pace for more than one calendar year. Roy is mostly a RW but was a C before he entered the Q.

He would have been drafted much earlier if it wasn't for size, but then again he is 5'10 which isnt so bad, he just needs to bulk up. He's got amazing speed, to me he is the fastest skater available from the Q this year. Great playmaking abilities as well, Roy often makes unbeliveable passes and can really create scoring chances. Figures his favourite player his RNH.

Some of you are thinking of him as a future 3rd or even 4th liner? No way. First of all he is too frail to play a grinder game at the NHL level imo. Plus, he is way too skilled and thinks way too much offense to be considered just a 3rd liner. He is great defensively, sure, and is very smart on the ice. But if he makes the NHL and is just a 3rd liner, he will be an offensive-minded one.

He reminds me a bit of Sergei Kostitsyn, fast, amazing vision, hands and playmaking abilities. Of course Roy is a lot more dependable than SK and doesnt have issues like him, but the offensive skills are similar. Roy imo is a great pick and should wow you guys in training camp with his speed and hands. He was also the first hometown boy to play with the Armada! (born in Blainville).

NA Scouting is offline   Reply With Quote