View Single Post
Old
07-01-2013, 08:31 PM
Up the Irons

vCash: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Ive pointed out the good and the bad, as well as the ugly. So far. Which is the subject of the thread. I dont see how that is out of line. Mact made promises he hasnt been able to deliver on. That is pretty plain. The draft was one of the core opportunities for us to fill holes in the lineup. Mact has said there will be turnover of approx eight players in the lineup. So far we have possibly added one in Belov, who is a relative unknown. More unknown than such additions like Strudwick, Foster, Potter, etc.

Ive addressed Belov earlier. We dont know if he addresses a significant need or not at this point. As for Slepyshev and Yakimov, they may or may not ever set foot in NA with the intent to play hockey. As per the bolded, what is it that makes them "great bets"?

Until yesterday Ive never heard of two of them. Houck is decent, but still a big question mark as to whether or not he will ever play a game in the nhl. Personally I would have preferred to address a need with a more promising player such as Jarry or possibly Zykov, who was rated by some as a first round pick.

Talk is cheap and so far that is pretty much all he has done. Despite specifically talking about using the draft and some of our picks to address IMMEDIATE needs on the club, his so called "bold" moves. There was none of that yesterday. Strike one.

I havent been given the opportunity. Give me a couple million dollars (Ill settle for 500k) and a Rolodex with all the gm contact numbers and then you could assess my performance. Of course I wouldnt be foolish enough to broadcast all the moves I planned to make beforehand, but to each his own I guess.

Nobody put a gun to Craig's head telling him to "give us ze information", he volunteered that all on his own, most likely in an attempt to assuage the masses from donning pitchforks and torches and storming the castle. These guys have been in charge more or less for the balance of 10+ years. They really have nobody to blame but themselves for the mess they find themselves in.

No more are they constrained by internal budgets that pale in comparison to their peers. They have a level economic playing field for the most part. As level as its been in the last 25yrs. The time for excuse making is done. We need results. Or gtfo of the way and get someone who is qualified to clean up the mess they have made.
I'm with ya bro. All these excuses r part of the problem. U can pick apart every non-trade and justify not making it. But, we r working on 4 years and at least two dozen non-trades. Either, this organization gets too attached to its players or Klowe has blackballed the team by openly tanking. They haven't made a deal that improved team since Visvovsky. Is that a record?

Up the Irons is offline   Reply With Quote