View Single Post
Old
07-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
As usual there are/were a few 'pet prospects" on here.

I see a lot of posters angry that Nick Moutrey wasn't targeted instead of others. The kid has some attributes but he's a borderline NHL prospect. He really has to improve his skating if he hopes to make it as a bottom line player. Not shocked that he wasn't a top 100 selection.

One prospect who got overrated on here all season (since Woodlief ranked him as a top ten guy in Nov.) was Tyler Hill - some guys were even talking about taking him with our second and third round picks based on American hype. Any scouts I talked to who saw him play weren't interested in drafting him. Bear in mind there is usually always a few American high school prospects that end up getting overhyped each season.

I'm not sure why so many of you were angry that Buchnevich wasn't taken by the Habs. Lots of teams wanted nothing to do with him. One of those beaver slapping Russians that curses his teammates when he doesn't get the puck, hogs the puck quite a bit too...that attitude won't fly in North America, he'll be on the first flight back to Moscow if he plays like that over here. Russian Prima Donnas are rarely highly coveted, regardless of skill level, and there are plenty of question marks concerning his character at this time.
Yet I thought that his 12 points in 30 games in the USHL for a guy that young, would have been enough to draft him based on his size and possible potential. I mean, 6th and 7th rounds, chances are there will be players who would have just as much chance as making it than him.

Have you had a chance to get a feel of Austin Cangelosi? Another smallish forward but he does seem to have thet speed to overcome his size don't you think?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote