View Single Post
07-01-2013, 11:05 PM
Barbara Underhill
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
I've never seen him ranked as a top ten pick so I don't don't where you saw it.

His hockey sense isn't one of his best assets and he's under 6'0, so that's two strikes against him for the first round. But I think he would have been a second rounder without the attitude concerns. The bad attitude was definitely there this season. However, I think he learned his lesson. He'll have a new coach in Quebec next season so we'll see how it goes(Philippe Boucher, former NHL defenseman). Roy was going to take him with the Avalanche's next pick so it must not be that bad.

I feel like he undeservedly got way more bricks thrown his way this season compared to his teammate Adam Erne. Erne finished with more points but if you look closer, you understand why. Erne played with Grigorenko in the first part of the season. He got 18 goals and 26 assists (44 points) in 31 games playing with Grigorenko. After Grigs left, he only got 8 goals and 18 assists (26 points) in 36 games without him.

The potential is there but he needs work on his mental and his game. As a comparison, I always thought he looked like a Evander Kane-light on the ice. Duclair himself compared his game to Kane's.
Pretty sure I saw it on HF, but like I said I think it was early in his rookie season and probably fanatical Remparts fans.

Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
I like the Simmonds comparison better. Don't think he is capable of ever filling out like Kane.
He's been likened to Evander Kane on multiple sites, I don't know if it's there or not, but I don't like the Simmonds comparison either. A lot of people compare him to Grabner probably based on the speed.

He's not as tall as Kane, but Kane hovers around 200 lbs, don't think he's done filling out either but neither is Duclair like Serge said he could be 195lbs by the start of next season. Maybe he'll grow an inch or two as well. He is only 17 albeit just for another month or so.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote