View Single Post
Old
07-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Brozgalov

vCash: 500
Hagg has already become my favorite flyers prospect. I remember watching the WJC tournament and they said the Flyers asked Reneberg about Hagg because they were interested. I don't follow prospects that closely but decided to watch Swedens games more closely keeping an eye on him.

Needless to say I was very impressed. He seems to have a great hockey IQ and just has a solid all around game. He has size but can still skate and be mobile, he can pass, shoot and hit when he needs to, but he seems to keep defense first. I loved watching him take his man and you can see in that video from WJC that he is constantly tracking his target on the ice and he plays the body.

I know there are knocks against him, but they all seem like the type of thing that a player can grow out of. The fact that he himself said he needed to be more consistent I think speaks volumes for his development. A few years down the road I think we will be seeing this guy in orange and black. I am more excited for his defensive game, but it appears he has plenty of offensive potential as well, his slapshot windup is awesome and he has a quick release which is exciting to see.

Brozgalov is offline   Reply With Quote