View Single Post
Old
07-01-2013, 11:22 PM
slipknottin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Perhaps, but look at their roster to start the season. They signed Taylor Pyatt with the intention of him being a 3rd line player to start the season. Hell, he even moved up to the top 2 lines when he was scoring on his limited scoring chances at an unsustainable rate. They had Boyle on 3C, Asham as a regular player, Jeff Halpern as 4C, Mike Rupp as regular Bickel as opening day starter, Brandon Segal experiment, etc. They had a bunch of borderline NHL players or useless plugs in the bottom 6 to start the season.
Well they had a crap ton of guys regress in a major way at the same time, rupp, Boyle, Richards, halpern, etc. which made the depth issues much more serious.

Part of that of course should have been expected, relying on 30+ year olds who were never great skaters to begin with should always be a concern. But I do think the regression played more or a role in it than you believe.

But I much agree with your overall view anyway. I would much rather have 3 20 goal scores than 1 40 goal scorer.