View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 02:26 AM
Roz

vCash: 500
Another Mooseheads fan here. This clip isn't of a flashy save - it's not a save at all, really - but it's easily one of my favourite Fucale moments from this past year as it really shows off his vaunted composure.

Setting: A highly-charged Game 4 of the QMJHL finals @ Baie-Comeau. There is ~40 seconds left in the 3rd and the Mooseheads have put the game out of reach and are poised to go up 3-1 in the series. The Drakkar - who were involved in a post-game brawl in the semi-finals and have a reputation for being dirty - take a timeout and put their 4th line on the ice. Jon-Alec Banville lobs a "shot" at Fucale in order to take a run at him. Charles Poulin takes another run at him after the whistle. This video should be shown to kids as a textbook example of how a goalie should react in this situation.

[Video here in case the embed doesn't work. You can see the scrum from a different angle here.]

As I said, it's not a flashy play but it's a great example of the little things Zach does that make him special - the stuff that doesn't show up in a save percentage or GAA. There are a lot of veteran NHL goalies who lose their cool over much, much less. I'm really thrilled that the Habs picked him. Goalies are hard to project, but I can't picture a kid with a temperament better suited to take the scrutiny he'll be facing in Montreal.

Roz is offline   Reply With Quote