View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 02:06 AM
Everest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I think Jon hit the nail on the head actually. Most of Craig's tonto-esque wheeling and dealing days came on the heels of the last lockout, where Lowe had miles of cap space to take advantage of cap strapped teams to pick off vets they didnt want to part with but could no longer afford.

No such luck this time thanks to the cap circumventing "compliance buyout" get out of jail free cards. That has pretty much stifled what Im sure was Craig's grand plans to pull off a Pronger 2.0 type deal.
Fair enough.

I think if Mac-T is ever going to be "bold" he is going to have to take a look at moving some of the core pieces his predecessor put in place.
'
Guys like Eberle, Gagner and an assortment of prospects are the players other teams want to talk about.

I think...when Mac-T tries to spin the wares of guys like Pitlick and/or Lander...his traction is going to be put him right where he is right meow.

It's gonna come down to the same thing I said when we had guys like Schremp, Brule and MAP....you gotta **** or get off the pot sometimes with some of these guys.

Identify one (or more) of your top prospects who don't quite fit here...but...are an enticing idea for someone else...and exchange them in order to address "needs".

That's the idea of stockpiling draft picks, really.

Mac-T has already made it hard for himself...IMO...by making a verbal commitment to all his players with the exception of the two most obviously impossible pieces to get rid of.........

Hemmer & Horc.

Everest is offline   Reply With Quote