View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 04:17 AM
Petes2424

vCash: 500
When they traded down for all the extra picks, it told me one of two things were happening. Either they just wanted more lottery picks in later rounds hoping for the best (which some teams actually do) or that they have a plan, they trust in their scouting and they really studied that 120 player lot and had some good information to go on. Howson took a lot of grief with the Jackets but I trust his evaluations in a lot of areas. He's a good hockey guy. After the picks they made, it seems as though there was a plan. One player I really thought would fit well was Tyler Bertuzzi but he went pretty high. I thought a 3rd for him would've been a great pick but not to be.

I like what he's done so far. There's a commitment there and there shouldnt be any panic until a team is actually fielded. I thought Carolina made a good trade picking up Sekera and Im not sure if he had a shot at obtaining him. The Clutterbuck thing just wasnt gonna happen. Not for what Minn received for him. Let's see who he signs in UFA. I have a couple of guys I think they should really pursue.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote