View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 05:32 AM
hemskysuncle

vCash: 500
reading over the posts (i haven't checked the FA list in depth myself...not much time on my hands ) ) - I really don't like the idea of paying someone like Clarkson 4 mill a year...To me it smells a bit too much like the Horcoff deal...top six money for bottom six performance.

I have always wanted Matt Cullen on our team. he is the perfect 3C in my books, and would bring absolutely everything the Oilers need - faceoffs, bottom six scoring (how many times did he burn the oilers over the years), PK, leadership. We could have him for 3 Mill per if we offer a few years and he would be the best bang for buck out of all the players listed.
Moen intrigues me as well. He has presence and is cheap. enough said.
The other one is Clarke MacArthur. He could add something to our bottom six and provide secondary scoring.
With those three, we would spend less than 8 mill per year and improve our bottom 6 drastically.
I think the real money should be allocated where it is needed the most - 1D
This is where I would look at someone like Tomas Kaberle. The pickings in the UFA list are slim and he is the only one that has demonstrated in the past that he is truly a 1D. Give him a 2 (max 3) year deal of 4 mil per year and let him show Schultz how to become the team's go to guy.
So for 4 players - lets say 12 mill. per year...average 3 mill per person...quite economical if you ask me when I compare what we could get from a Clarkson for 4 mill per...