View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 08:02 AM
Snotbubbles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
You came up with a lot of stuff I said, that I didnt actually say. Whats the crime with playing a 20 year old center with a career 45% faceoff in the number 3 center, even at 4 for one more season? HE'S TWENTY YEARS OLD.

My plan, as stated before, would be to sign Vinny and trade Laughton. (OR leave a 19yo to develop in the minors some more) Leaving everyone at their natural positions. If necessary, move Brayden to wing, although i dont like doing that. Then in 2 seasons or whenever you start sliding Vinny down and moving other guys up. Wala!

Whats your rush with rushing these kids(Laughton and Coots)? And expecting the moon in return right now?
You plan involves moving one player from his natural position and then taking valuable offensive zone and PP ice time from another and trading another just to have Lecavalier for a year or two and then be saddled with his cap hit for a couple more years. Oh and this move would guarentee that Read is gone at some point as well. So we get older, slower, have less cap flexibility and potentially stunt growth so we can have a guy that can win some faceoffs. Brilliant!

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote