View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 09:22 AM
slipknottin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I just don't see how he's a powerforward. The only reason you guys seem to be using that term is because he's 6'4" 220 or so. Size is not the only factor. You actually have to play like a power forward.

It's why Nash is only a bit of a PF. And he's more engaged in front of the net than Kreider ever will be.

To me, Kreider is a big sniper. That's it. Not a powerforward. In fact, I'd be willing to say that if he can't succeed as a sniper then he will have to reinvent his game and play more like a powerforward (ala fast 3rd liner who hits). His game was never geared towards being a PF in college. He was never a PF in the AHL. And I don't think he'll play like one in the NHL as long as he can be successful shooting the puck. He's so much more effective when he's NOT playing a PF role.

And offda -- there is a reason that those types of players are so rare. Genuine PF prospects are highly valued and extremely rare. This is re-defining the term to fit a player.
I think you are redefining the term. A big player who hits is a power forward. Kreider is getting more comfortable along the boards and in front of the net as well.

slipknottin is offline   Reply With Quote