View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 09:49 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
No use in the Habs saying their intentions for him before it's been discussed with McCarron. It's a no-win situation, as ultimately, it's up to the player. The Habs don't want to create ill will with any other organization.

As for the Peters fellow saying the Habs didn't draft him to be a fighter..... I'd disagree with that. They didn't draft him to be just a fighter, but they are not going to discourage him from dropping the gloves either. That's part of the package.

Also disagree with his opinion that playing in London could result in him being pigeon holed as a fighter - the Hunters don't throw their prospects to the wolves. Was Tinordi asked by the Hunters to fight all the time? Mac will be asked to play an important role with the Knights if he goes there, and would likely play with Horvat and Domi on a scoring line.

That said - I want him to fight a few times next season as he clearly WANTS to fight when the time calls for it. You are not going to learn how to fight playing college hockey as well as you will playing in the OHL.

The first thing McCarron asked Trevor T about development camp was "will they allow fighting"?

I hope he skates up to Lucic some day and floors him. Are the odds good that he will be able to do it? Probably not, but the odds of him being able to hold his own with Boston's "tough guy" are higher if he goes to play in London.
McCarron is awesome!!! That's why i'm pretty sure he's going to London.