View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 09:00 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
There is a risk for apples and organges-talk when it comes to skating.

This is my perspective; you got a prospect who is really small, he is supposed to be a scoring forward, he isn't a wiz with the puck and he can't playmake; but he is a awsome sniper and got a great nose for the net. Question: What level should his skating be at to be a top 2 line winger in the NHL? Be able to score 30 in his best years?

From that perspective, Thomas skating is averge at best. He is not on par with the level it would take him to put him in that role in the NHL everything else considered.

Sure, if we are comparing him with Ethan Werek or Andrew Yogan or Pyatt and co, he is a good skater. Like I said, I like Thomas. His hustle and play away from the puck is great. His nose for the net is great. His shot is really good. On the other hand, the competition in the NHL is really tough. Coming out of the OHL, people expected him to score 40+40 in the NHL. People compared him with everyone from MSL to Parise. That talk wasn't in touch with reality. He has no ability that puts him on that level. His shot isn't world class, its good plain and simple. His nose for the net is up there, but that alone isn't enough. He is really small. His skating is not world class, that Russian midget we got in kids camp skates eights around Thomas.

Thomas is right up there with Dawes, Prucha and co. These guys can make it, just because those two didn't, it doesn't mean Thomas won't. But he got a challenge infront of him.
Thomas' shot may be the best in the organization. It's that good. He is not shy about going in after pucks and he is getting stronger on his skates as he develops.

Mike Cammalleri 2.0. I said it in his draft year. That is what his ceiling is like.