View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 09:14 AM
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
It's not just my opinion, it's been backed by studies, most notably the one the IIHF made a few seasons ago (http://www.iihf.com/iihf-home/sport/youth.html). I also remember some posters on the prospect board coming to the same conclusion with their own studies.
Of course there are good examples and bad ones... In my eyes this IIHF-Studies was done to work a little bit against the wave that a lot of European took (especially Czechs, Lativans and Slovaks) and did got very early to Northamerica...

In my eyes, the NLA still has not the recognition in Northamerica, that makes General Managers believe it's good for their developement to play in Switzerland...

So I too believe, that if Andrighetto want's to be close to the Canadiens-Organisation he has to sign an ELC as soon as possible and play in Hamilton... I mean in the end, the Habs have to work with him to make him an NHL-Player and you have to agree that we do play a hockey in Switzerland which is very different from the Northamerican one... We are a skating-leauge, but Andrighetto already is a quick and fast skater, so he has to get used to the rougher NA-Hockey and believe me, the AHL/NHL is another major stepp from the CHL...

Rafik Soliman is offline   Reply With Quote