View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 09:42 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Can't believe I'll say that....I mean I am a NCAA fan but I always prefer our prospects to play in the CHL ....but geez do Andy Murray have SOLID arguments....

https://twitter.com/Habsfuture/statu...14896225898497
RT @WSpy: Coach of the Michigan Bronco's on TSN690 now, says they just measured Mike McCarron recently at 6'6" 240lbs with very low body fat

https://twitter.com/TonyMarinaro/sta...15236706918400
Andy Murray: "If McCaron plays 2yrs at WMichigan he'll work on speed & skill. He will be playing in NHL in 2 years, maybe even 1yr from now"

Will McCarron be a circus show where he'll concentate in fighting while in order to make him a top 6, make him indeed concentrate in his speed and skills....I know he could do that in London too....but then, will the fighting help him to develop or will it make him more a sideshow than anything else. I'm on the fence...wouldn't be oppose to see him in Western Michigan even if they are MY enemy....
I read an article that if he goes to Murray, he'll become a better player and if he goes to London he'll become a better fighter.

I'd prefer we focus on him becoming a better player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
We said the same thing about Tinordi. He didn't turned bad! He worked on his defensive game, transition game + physical game. I prefer London A LOT more.

And the Hunters brother trade a lot to make sure they draft McCarron. They won't let him go this easy, espicially on a mémorial cup season.
Are they contenders for the cup this year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
And if McCarron really wants to be the next "Lucic", he better go to the OHL!!
I don't want him to be the next Lucic. He's big enough and powerful enough already, I'd prefer that we make sure he can play the game. He can learn and grow into the fighting later. Right now we should hone his skill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk4habs View Post
LOL i laughed so hard at that.
Well, he is kind of a mongoloid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akipa View Post
Top Shelf Prospects did not like this pick whatsoever. They had him ranked as the 60th prospect and think the Habs reached quite a bit to grab him. It was all due to his size.

Full Profile: http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/06/...er-profile-60/
On the positive side, players with size sometimes aren't projected to do much and develop over time. Corey Perry, Lucic... both guys that weren't seen as being great. One thing about size is that no matter what you have that behind you. You can't teach six foot six and 250 pounds. You either have it or you don't. So maybe this guy just has to grow into his body.

If it is a reach right now, there's certainly reason to do it. And let's face it, these are the kinds of gambles you can take when you're drafting at 25th overall. It's not like we passed over Seth Jones to take him.