View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
^^^ A generational talent could score 150+ points in the Q. The top scoring forwards last year scored 110 points. Tolchinsky played in the OHL anyways, (top scorer had 109 points) and was the 3rd highest rookie scorer behind Connor McDavid and Nikolay Goldobin.

Not that he doesn't have a long ways to go, just saying I think your comparisons and expectations are off. The Q isn't the super high scoring league it used to be compared to the other CHL leagues
Oops.

Reason he fell, he doesn't have a pro-composure. His legs moves like the wing of a colibri and the puck is like glued to his stick. He seems to be extremely hard to get a hold of. I think there is a risk he would be really marginalized if you put him up against men. Short legs just gives you a short stride, and the top speed is held back. You can attack without being physical in the NHL, but -- and while you also can go to the net without being physical -- a really small player must also be able to play more or less like Kane. IE find open ice and take advantage of it.

Who knows where this kid can be in 4-5 years. There is alot of things to like about him. But I don't think necessarily 30 NHL teams are stupid for passing him over. That's just my point. I think the Russian factor had little to do with him being passed over, as opposed to the kid we did draft.

Last edited by Ola: 07-02-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote