View Single Post
Old
01-08-2004, 04:37 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
yeah well they can watch Mattingly and feel even worse.

As for my thoughts:

Patrick - was good but never great, his numbers were inflated by the 1980's. I have a picture of me with him when i was 4 or 5, even to this day i remember him being a great guy.

He was a solid number 2 or 3 guy in his prime, but i think more was expected of him so his peak was a bit disappointing. I never thought he'd still be playing into his 40's.

Sandstrom - he always was a weird player in that he was big enough to be a power forward but wasnt really. he had the shot to be a sniper, but wasn't really.

Like his career, he was good but again not great. He got a ton of points playing with Gretzky and LA and then pitts.

Cirella was a nice defenseman earlier in his career but by the time he got to NY injuries had taken their toll. You see the name Kloucek mentioned a lot with Cirella and unless things change, i see the same results.

Beukeboom - him and leetch had chemistry, as simple as that. on most other teams he is lucky to crack the top 4, but he clicked with leetch. he was a stay at home type who made some mistakes but was always willing to drop the gloves and crunch people in his own end.

Somehow he even managed to score 8 goals during the 94 season in only 68 games.