View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 11:41 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
True, I guess it's more that I didn't like the puck and tire of the bloodlines picks.

As far as Duclair dropping I think it had to do with an ankle injury that made him a little hesitant to go to the dirty areas, was a perimeter player for a bit until he hit comfortable and lost the fear of injury. Point total also dropped due to that and quality of line mates.

He's got a few tools namely his skating, decent shot and passing, more of a finisher, good puck skills, and IMHO is underrated defensively. The last one is less an issue of being able to play defensively and more a lack of willingness or consistency to do so. He's 17, and could play a complete game just has to mature and do it night in night out like a lot of these kids.

Tambellini is more of a perimeter player by most accounts, and needs to get the willingness to go to dirty areas.

Which is why I like Duclair more, easier to get a kid to do something he's already fairly good at (defensive play) on a consistent basis, other than adding a new element to their game.

Buch was one of only 8 Russians drafted, really think the "Russian factor" played a role in this draft.
At least he is here in camp now. So the Russian thing may not be an issue with him.

I like that Gordie compared him to Cherepanov. Who was my favorite prospect the Rangers had since Savard. So, hopefully this kid booms.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote