View Single Post
Old
07-02-2013, 12:51 PM
offdacrossbar
draft the BPA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipeit View Post
So why did Tolchinsky want undrafted? From what I have read about him it's just doesn't make any sense to me. Must be something else than just his size.
heres what i know about tolchinsky. ive been interested in him since he was 14 yrs old and since his days playing for cska krasnaya armiya in the mhl.

first off he wasnt a combine invitee. thats bad. also nhl central scouting rated him much lower than the other scouting agencies. thats bad. lastly, his outside shot is fairly weak. he needs to develop more strength there. bad again.

there are big concerns about his size and lack of muscle. hes slight and small. scouts were very concerned about his ability to be pro player. hes 5'8 maybe 160 and struggles to keep weight.

http://www.saultstar.com/2013/07/01/...sey-is-drafted

unlike a guy like tarasenko, who may not be tall, hes still built like a tank with thick limbs and a thick chest. hes got a low center and very developed torso/upper body.

tolchinsky has been on the radar for awhile as hes a magican with the pill. hes like a water bug. he has unquestionable work ethic and from all reports is a really good kid.

keep an eye on this kid. hes determined and motivated. hes just too damn small.

were he 6ft 200 lbs, he would have been a 1st rounder.

oh and i am NOT a fan of the tambellini pick at all

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote